New Prism Pool can I block off one outlet

Jun 14, 2015
Southern CA
I had to get rid of my Intex Ultra Frame pool 16 x 48 last summer. I had it six years. Well now with covid19 these pools are hard to come by. I ended up getting a 16 x 48 Intex Prism Frame Pool. I’ll use it this summer and hopefully get the Intex XTR Next year. Now these pools come with two outlet hoses. Can I block one of the hoses off without causing any damage to the pump. I will attach my Intex skimmer on the one that would be open. I’m using intex sand filter pump with saltwater system pumap flow rate 2650 system flow rate of 2150. Thanks.

I blocked off one of mine on my 24', but at the same time, I cut the openings bigger so I could put regular 1.5" fittings in.
I would be wary of running a single small hose through the pump all the time.
If you kept the old fittings from your other pool, you should be able to do the same thing I did. (even though I went to regular Hayward wall fittings.)

Yes I have all my old fittings. And I actually cut out the areas on my old pool where the inlet and outlets were to use as a template so if in the future If I was to cut the openings larger on a new pool. I prefer not to do that on this pool as I’m going to just use it this year and then sell it. Might just leave both open tp prevent any problems. I sure liked older year design where there was just one inlet hose and one outlet hose.

I use a Through wall skimmer and a suction line, plugged the other suction line.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.