New Pressure Gauge

gmike09

Bronze Supporter
Aug 10, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
My pool pressure gauge is no longer working and needs to be replaced. I'm looking at a water gauge at Lowes that has the same connectors for much cheaper than Leslie's pool. The only difference is that the gauge from lowes connects at the bottom where as my current gauge connects on the back. If I install the gauge from lowes, it would look sideways. Does it impact the reading if the gauge is sideways?

Orientation won't affect the gauge reading. However, I'm kinda OCD so I buy a street el (90º MNPT to FNPT) and turn the gauge upright. Believe it or not, that also helps keep the gauge from getting water in it and somewhat prevents it from freezing. I also recommend getting a zero to 30 PSIG gauge instead of the normal 0-60 PSIG.

Reactions: setsailsoon
I highly recommend a glycerine gauge. It doesnt get water in it, it doesn't fog up. I got mine from www.tftestkits.net this thing is awesome. It's big and very easy to read. The scale goes to 30 psi like mentioned by Bama Rambler. Its high quality too and for 15 dollars is a steal. Mine stilll looks new and Ive had it for almost 4 years. Comes in either bottom or back configuration. Flow Meters and PSI Gauges

I highly recommend a glycerine gauge. It doesnt get water in it, it doesn't fog up. I got mine from www.tftestkits.net this thing is awesome. It's big and very easy to read. The scale goes to 30 psi like mentioned by Bama Rambler. Its high quality too and for 15 dollars is a steal. Mine stilll looks new and Ive had it for almost 4 years. Comes in either bottom or back configuration. Flow Meters and PSI Gauges
+1 I got a glycerin filled gauge from TFTestKits 2 weeks ago to replace the stock gauge on my Clean and Clear 420, and couldn't be happier. I've had one in my shopping cart on Amazon for about a year, but I've never pulled the trigger on it. The one on Amazon was more expensive. When I was ordering my Ahh-some for my spa, I pulled the trigger on the gauge as well because the price was right. Had both in 2 days.

Reactions: Divin Dave
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.