czielinski

Apr 14, 2023
Jermyn,tx
So to say I'm new to pools is an understatement. I haven't even bought one yet. Due to rocks and price above ground is my only option. My main question is which type of filter is best? Cartridge, DE or sand. I'm assuming as far as hp on the pump is concerned bigger is better or maybe not. I'm looking at a 15x30x 54" oval.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Generally a larger filter is best for less cleaning intervals. As to which one is right for you, they each have their pros & cons. See the link below for some thoughts and be sure to save our Pool Care Basics page to your FAVs. Enjoy the forum. :swim:

I'm a (biased) cartridge guy. No matter which way you go, I'd want at least half as big as they come. It wouldn't be a large cost increase to 2/3, say, 300 sq ft cartridges instead of 225 to 250.

This is my new favorite pump. $519. Its got more HP than you need, but a larger pump moves more water at the same RPMs, allowing you to run it slower, for considerable energy savings. For the price, this pump is hard to beat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.