New pool waterline cleaning

Jan 14, 2019
Baton Rouge La
Hi! We have a new concrete pool with some 1x2 glass tile around the waterline. I understand that it is more susceptible to scum and scale buildup than ceramic tile. Everything looks good now and I religiously keep the water chemicals in line.

My question is what technique or chemicals are recommended to maintain the waterline as best as I can?

Thank you

I doubt you will have calcium issues in Baton Rouge but you might. What is your pool CH?

Minimize the opportunity for "crud" to get in in the first place. Suntan oil is a big bugaboo. Please, no "magic" potions from the pool store.....especially clarifier. Anything you think might leave some debris probably will.

Clean often. Cleaning from inside the pool puts the beer at a nice height on the deck and you don't have to worry about falling in.

As always, ADEQUATE CHLORINE does more to help keep your pool clean than anything else. It eats the debris before it can form on your tile.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.