New pool tile question

camon

Feb 12, 2020
Phoenix AZ
Hello. I am in the final processes of a pool build and have a question regarding an issue with the tile. The tile contractor our builder used has been less than stellar. They had to repeat the spillway from a raised spa into the pool twice due to incorrect tiles.

Anyways, the skimmer entry is tiled at the base and they used the same as the waterline tile to do the base. The uncoated edges of the tile are exposed to the edge of the pool.

My question is should we be concerned with this beyond asthetic? Like will chlorine and chemicals cause any damage to the tile edges that aren't grouted in?

Thanks all for any assistance.

Hello. I am in the final processes of a pool build and have a question regarding an issue with the tile. The tile contractor our builder used has been less than stellar. They had to repeat the spillway from a raised spa into the pool twice due to incorrect tiles.

Anyways, the skimmer entry is tiled at the base and they used the same as the waterline tile to do the base. The uncoated edges of the tile are exposed to the edge of the pool.

My question is should we be concerned with this beyond asthetic? Like will chlorine and chemicals cause any damage to the tile edges that aren't grouted in?

Thanks all for any assistance.
Welcome :wave:

The exposed tile will be no problem at all. Grout is not waterproof anyway so the exposed edge really is no different than the edges of the tile that are concealed by grout.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.