Apoolperson

Jan 31, 2022
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi all- I hope I’m posting in the right place here 😕.

We have a new pool under constrction.
Current status is poured (not plastered or sealed) and it currently holding about 4 feet of disgusting black dirty water.

We have been in limbo now for 6 weeks waiting for the paver people to begin the next phases.

My question is will the shell be damaged from holding unsealed so much nasty water for such a long time?

Any advice would be great. Thank you all!

Agreed no damage to the concrete shell.

I would ask (demand?) the PB to pump out the standing water. I would think 4' of nasty water makes for health/safety concerns. What if someone falls in and cannot be seen? What about mosquitos? What if there is a dead animal at the bottom? Our builder told us they would pump any standing water, but we never had any.

No damage to the pool shell structurally from the water sitting for a long period of time. If algae starts to grow you can treat with chlorine or bleach, the plaster crew typically will wash the pool shell prior to application of plaster and pump out all remaining water prior.
Thank you so much for the reply!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.