New Pool.....Robot Suggestions for Vinyl

Jun 11, 2018
Madisonville
This is my first post here. We hopefully will be breaking ground in June on our 18X36 pool. In talking with PB he said that the bulldozer robots (robots with tracks) wear vinyl liners more than the wheeled robots. Had anyone had any issues with liner wear with the newer track style robots. My parents have had the Polaris 360 style robot for years, but I was looking at the track robots with more intelligence in them.

Thanks in advance for your replies. This is such a great forum to learn the do's and don'ts of pools.

Thanks
Dustin

We have the same size vinyl pool, installed last august. I have been thinking about a robot too but I am a little nervous about using it on vinyl. Tons of people here use robots on vinyl with no problems, but I keep imagining mine getting stuck and grinding away on one spot. The recommendations almost always seem to be the track style robots, and specifically the s200 from Margaret at Marina pools. If I was going to buy one, and I change my mind almost daily, that is what I would get.

Reactions: Heavenlytunes
I absolutely love my robot! The best thing I ever bought for my pool and my back. It has tracks and haven't had a problem with it yet. This is my second season with it. I get a lot of leaves and it cleans them up in a snap!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.