new pool owner with leak in light niche

al27

Sep 11, 2017
TN
I have a inground fiberglass saltwater pool that has been leaking over an inch a day. I hired American Leak Detection to find the source of the leak and the only leak found was in the light niche. My local pool company put putty around the light niche where it is supposedly leaking and immediately replaced the light. I did a bucket test afterwards and it showed that the leak has slowed down a little bit but it is still leaking.

Before I hire my pool company to come back out and attempt another repair, I want to make sure they are using the right products and attempting the repair in the right way. I read on the internet that you should wait 24-48 hours after applying pool putty to replace the light. The pool company immediately replaced the light niche after applying the putty. Could this be reason why the repair failed? I have read that a Cord Stopper is sometimes used but I wasn't sure if this could be used now since pool putty has already been applied. I'm also curious to know if there are any other products other than pool putty that are commonly used to repair leaks in pool lights. I'm at my wits end here since I've already spent over $1000 on leak detection and repair but my pool is still leaking. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.