New Pool Owner Moving To Salt

If this is 100% fresh fill and all the debris was removed there's a good chance there's not a need to slam. Let's see the water after you're up and running. Good chance you'll be swimming right away.

If this is 100% fresh fill and all the debris was removed there's a good chance there's not a need to slam. Let's see the water after you're up and running. Good chance you'll be swimming right away.

Well okay, 100% isn't gonna be possible. But at least 90%. I'll be at 12" of water this evening before I go to bed and turn the pump off. I'll be up at 3 am on saturday to start smoking some pork shoulder for guests and will kick the pump on then to get it good and low. Might even rig the old tore up pump to help get it out fast. Scrub it clean with bleach, shop vac any left over debris/crud out and then refill.

Unless I decide to empty it, tear down a section of poles to allow me to scrub and dump the mess out of it to get it 100%. That just might be worth it.

I don't use my TF-100 but about once per week. Once you get familiar with your pool and its normal needs, you won't need to either. I just use an OTO drop test every day or 2 just to be sure the FC hasn't dropped suddenly.

If something is going on, the lack of clarity in my water is usually the first indicator.

I don't use my TF-100 but about once per week. Once you get familiar with your pool and its normal needs, you won't need to either. I just use an OTO drop test every day or 2 just to be sure the FC hasn't dropped suddenly.

If something is going on, the lack of clarity in my water is usually the first indicator.

Good point on the Clarity aspect.

Looking forward to getting this project finished. The lady says she's tired of me spending all my free time dealing with the pool. And I agree. Haha.

Just got this photo from my lady. About 10" left in the pool right now with the utility pump off. Now I just gotta figure out the easiest way to get this gunk out of the bottom without a proper way to pump to waste or anything.
7e6726aca55888d134c3fa5050124dfa.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, you can swim with FC up to shock level, pH is 7.0-7.8, and you can see clearly to the bottom.

Well, the pH could go down a little prior to starting the SLAM and the CYA around 30ppm would better protect the FC from the sun.

Nothing else to worry about for now.

Did you order the TF-100? Did you wipe the tip of the TA reagent like the instructions state? I think your TA number might be a false high.

Well, the pH could go down a little prior to starting the SLAM and the CYA around 30ppm would better protect the FC from the sun.

Nothing else to worry about for now.

Did you order the TF-100? Did you wipe the tip of the TA reagent like the instructions state? I think your TA number might be a false high.
Yeah I got the TF100. Oh, no I didn't wipe it. Must have missed that bit. I'll test it again in a bit and update this. The water is still perfectly clear. Should I leave the FC and CYA tonight to see if it drops? The water is still just as clear as the day I filled it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.