New pool - New owner -poolstored?

pH is a little low, but some agitation - swimming - should fix that all by itself. The SWG will also raise it.

Your FC is good for that CYA. Recommended minimum for a SWG pool with 100 CYA is 5, so you're good, there.

I'd stop stressing and go swimming. CYA will come down with splashout and backwashing. Encorage the kids to do cannonballs or something.

Richard320 said:
pH is a little low, but some agitation - swimming - should fix that all by itself. The SWG will also raise it.

Your FC is good for that CYA. Recommended minimum for a SWG pool with 100 CYA is 5, so you're good, there.

I'd stop stressing and go swimming. CYA will come down with splashout and backwashing. Encorage the kids to do cannonballs or something.

Yes!!!! Thanks so much! Hubby will do the butterfly and kids will cannonball all day! I learned so much on here and will spread the word.
Have a great weekend! :whoot:

I agree with what he said, GO SWIM.

Tonight, when the the sun is off the pool, test your levels, add enough Bleach to get your FC levels correct based on your CYA and pool volume. If you show CC more than 0.5, bring your FC to shock levels based on your CYA. I would then run the pump for about an hour, test FC again and write it down. Test again in the morning to see if something is consuming FC during the night (algae). If you lose more than 1 FC overnight, continue shocking (adding bleach til FC level is at shock levels) until you pass this OCLT test

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.