New pool light recs

tmas

Mar 3, 2010
Houston
Looking to replace my incandescent pool light with a LED color changing light. Found the Pentair IntelliBrite 5G. Seems like I can run this off one switch and change the colors by turning the switch on-off-on. Anything else I should know before beginning this endeavor (other than electrical safety around water)?

Thanks!

They have a controller you can buy to change colors - the switch method will work but you may be a bit difficult.. like morse code setting colors to you liking.

Also they come in 12v or 120v and of course different cable lengths.

Since I’m replacing an exsisting incedenscent light I’m guessing I go with 120v. I know the length needed and where the junction box is. Not worried about the Morse code as I probably won’t change colors too often.

I was going to do the whole housing because my current housing is leaking. My experience in the past has taught me that once you have a leak in a pool light you will always have a leak :/

Thanks for the information!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.