New Pool in Austin!

Wow! I love how flush the vertical tiles are compared to when they were horizontal. I'm so glad they changed it. It's gorgeous

looks great, good job sticking to your guns. I probably would have accepted the horizontal and asked for a discount.

We are pretty much neck and neck. Our tile is installed and equipment delivered. Though they sent a single speed pump instead of a 2 speed. All we need is equipment installed and plaster too. I think we can be done by the end of feb.

Reactions: immlab
Moving at a snail's pace but should have Sundek coating in 2 weeks and Pebble Sheen (blue granite) in 3 weeks. Supposedly.
I love that you took the classic feet-with-pool-beyond photo even though the pool is empty. What else can we do while we wait???

I love that you took the classic feet-with-pool-beyond photo even though the pool is empty. What else can we do while we wait???

You’d better believe I’m out there enjoying that unfinished deck after that entire area has been piles and valleys of mud for 8 months!!!!! 🤣

We also enjoyed a glass of wine sitting on the hot tub coping the other night. This pool was supposed to be finished last September and we are going to enjoy it, water or not!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Sparks22 and B.lu
What kind of trees are those? They look like a cross between a mesquite and Palo Verde. Both are annoying and drop stuff.

The left is oak and I’m not sure about the right. It drops its leaves all in one week each fall but doesn’t drop anything during the rest of the year. You can’t tell from the angle but that one is actually pretty far back from the pool.

We live in Austin where you have to write to the city with an extremely good reason or you are not cutting down a tree of that size!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have water! No chemicals yet. It should be slightly less green when it is balanced but I actually love the color! Pebble Sheen Blue Granite!!!

Looks great, it'll definitely turn blue and gorgeous once you get the chemicals going. Welcome to the Austin TFP crew! I'm close by based on our earlier convos, so if you ever need something in a pinch, DM me. In fact, if you want, DM me and we can exchange contact info. It's helpful to have TFP buddies close by in case you need a reagent, acid/chlorine bottle or something else!

Congrats, and perfect timing for Summer!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.