Novabec

Jun 14, 2021
Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So the pool is up and started filling (from well) it’s going to take another day or so to get it filled. With only about 8” of water I can already see an orange/brown tint from our high iron content. We couldn’t get a truck in to fill for another 10 days so it’s onward with the hard water battle. Obviously there’s nothing in the water currently chemical wise, so my question is what steps do I take once it’s filled to get off on the right track to win this battle? I have a skimmer basket we purchased to add to it and I have a floater with 3” chlorine tablets but I have no idea how to begin once it’s filled. I need to head to the pool store for other supplies before it’s full, so please give me a shopping list and proper starting protocol for a new pool with high iron content.

I ordered the Taylor test kit, will be here in a few days. This is what my water looks like currently at about 3/4 full, and we put the chlorine float in as soon as it was deep enough. Will finish filling and get the filter going tonight and I know it’s frowned upon but I am taking a sample to the pool store today to see where to start until my test kit arrives. We tried running the hose through polyfill pillows but I don’t know that it helped much and will put it in my skimmer baskets for awhile to see how much I can filter out. Hopefully we can get it to not look like swamp water before the holiday weekend.

Attachments

• FFFD0673-F302-44CC-B761-17D864691723.jpeg
    FFFD0673-F302-44CC-B761-17D864691723.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 7B95EEC5-EF96-4E29-B08D-035C2F630B0D.jpeg
    7B95EEC5-EF96-4E29-B08D-035C2F630B0D.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 7
Just don't get duped into buying a bunch of overpriced pool store chemicals. All of them are avialable at Home Depot, Menards, Walmart, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.