pH - 8.0
TA - 102
CH - 323
CA - 11
Iron - 0.1
Copper - 0.1
Phos - 130
TDS - 900

Had a few issues to start: Alk and pH very very low so I added soda ash and alk increaser in half doses but a white cloud developed and sprinkled flakes all over my pool. My Calcium hardness was very high so I think I "milked" the pool but not sure. The flakes seemed to last for a few weeks but I've slowly been dosing to bring everything into a normal range. All of the white flakes are now gone from the bottom of the pool and its very clear so I'm feeling better about things. I'm also noticing scale build up on the glass accent tile at base of waterfall (pool has only been running a few weeks). I'm wondering if I should bring down the hardness a little when I lower the pH tomorrow.

pool test kit is out for delivery by Amazon
Great! :goodjob: In that case, let's just say waiting for your kit to arrive is the best way to go. In the meantime, recent weather has made our water a bit more chilly. Mine is slightly below 60, so that makes the pH rise a bit and that's okay. A pH anywhere between 7.5 - 8.0 or so in chilly water is fine. The cold water also slows down organic activity (algae).

If those other numbers were close, I wouldn't do much changes at all other than add a little liquid chlorine (or regular bleach) to increase the FC to about 3-4 ppm. In chilly water, that should last for 2 or 3 days easy. I wouldn't add any other product until you can confirm levels on your own. That will prevent waste and any back & forth adjustments based on unreliable store testing. Once you run your onw tests, post them back here and we'll coach you through any adjustments as needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.