New Pool Build *update*

ROB N

Nov 26, 2010
Calera, Al
Here are few pics of the pool we are Having installed. We are 20 days in to construction.If Anyone has any suggestions or sees any possible problems please point them out... This will be our first pool and we have no prior experience with pools besides swimming in them.[attachment=2:1l668ana]pool layout.jpg[/attachment:1l668ana][attachment=1:1l668ana]Dig day.jpg[/attachment:1l668ana][attachment=0:1l668ana]Dig Day hits water table.jpg[/attachment:1l668ana]

Attachments

• pool layout.jpg
    pool layout.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 800
  • Dig day.jpg
    Dig day.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 800
  • Dig Day hits water table.jpg
    Dig Day hits water table.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 800
New Pool build #2

A few more pics[attachment=2:2fn13fl8]Rebar ready for gunite.jpg[/attachment:2fn13fl8][attachment=1:2fn13fl8]Hayward pump and filter systems.jpg[/attachment:2fn13fl8][attachment=0:2fn13fl8]gunite 2.jpg[/attachment:2fn13fl8]

Topics merrged for continuity.

257WbyMag - Forum Moderator

Attachments

• Rebar ready for gunite.jpg
    Rebar ready for gunite.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 803
  • Hayward pump and filter systems.jpg
    Hayward pump and filter systems.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 803
  • gunite 2.jpg
    gunite 2.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 803
Re: New Pool Build with pics

Just wanted to update our build with a few current pics. As you can tell, due to the long delay in construction the PB increased the size of the pooldeck considerably from the original size of 600 sq ft to 850sqft [attachment=1:1er7yzgz]pool deck.jpg[/attachment:1er7yzgz][attachment=0:1er7yzgz]pool deck2.jpg[/attachment:1er7yzgz]

Attachments

• pool deck.jpg
    pool deck.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 650
  • pool deck2.jpg
    pool deck2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 650
Re: New Pool Build

A few more![attachment=1:649hddpm]equipment pad.jpg[/attachment:649hddpm][attachment=0:649hddpm]dual intermatic timer.jpg[/attachment:649hddpm]

Attachments

• equipment pad.jpg
    equipment pad.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 650
  • dual intermatic timer.jpg
    dual intermatic timer.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 650
Hi Rob N -
Your build looks great! On your sun tanning deck - what depth will that be when the pool is full? My wife is really interested in one for our build and we've seen quite the range in depths... Also, what's the approx. square footage of the sun tan deck area?

Thanks!
Jason

Rob - our tanning ledge is in 9" of water. Seems to be a good depth for the young ones to splash around.

Also, my wife was very cautious about the room on the deck, just as you are pointing out. For her it wasn't so much about sq. feet as it was about making sure there was plenty of width to accommodate full size loungers and still have enough room for
traffic to walk by. In retrospect, I'm glad she focused on this.
SF

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jason, the tanning ledge in the pool is 7ft by11ft at it's widest points. It is 8-9" deep with the pool filled. As far as the pool deck i calculated the area and it is just under 1000 sqft. The widest point is 20 feet from the coping to the edge closest to the patio, and the most narrow part on the house side is 14'. On the back side the most narrow part is 4'6" from coping to the edge of the deck.
Stevereno, the first pics (larger)were taken with my camera, the rest were taken on my phone... Sorry, they are somewhat on the small side... :hammer:

Pool1999, thanks, we are so excited!! :party: :whoot: I installed some bushes, umbrella insert caps and will be laying sod this weekend! My wife is ecstatic that it will be finished totally and handed over to us today!! :goodjob: I can't wait to start applying some of the methods I have learned from this amazing forum! The water is warm enough to swim in now, and it will be warm enough this weekend to give it a beverage test and swim! :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.