New Pool Build Recs in Houston, TX

Apr 30, 2018
Houston
Hi everyone!

My husband and I are finally taking the plunge and getting pool quotes! We're in the Westchase area of Houston and we're looking for PB recs. We live in a residential area of older homes. All of our neighbors bought their houses with the pools already established. We have one appointment lined up with Simonton Pool Consultants and we'd like to meet with a few more. Is there anyone that we should definitely call or stay away from? We've searched the forum and a lot of what we've found thus far are for new build homes in the outer edges of Houston. We appreciate any help! :swim: :D

You may have a more difficult time finding a pool builder since they are now getting into their busy time. But keep looking- the more you can talk to the better! I would think most would travel to your part of town. I know there are some builds here from Katy so you could try the search button above.

Cypress Custom Pools... figured if they're good enough to build JJ Watt's pool in his Memorial home, then they should be good enough for me. I got quotes from 8 builders and they were actually in the middle to lower side. Ask for Gary as your sales/design guy... easy to work with and responsive

Cypress Custom Pools... figured if they're good enough to build JJ Watt's pool in his Memorial home, then they should be good enough for me. I got quotes from 8 builders and they were actually in the middle to lower side. Ask for Gary as your sales/design guy... easy to work with and responsive

Wow really? I talked with them and they were 20k more than who I ended up going with and their design was smaller with less upgrades. And my parents are friends with the owner!

Wow really? I talked with them and they were 20k more than who I ended up going with and their design was smaller with less upgrades. And my parents are friends with the owner!

Who did you end up going with? I think it also depends on whether you are in the city limits where permits and city inspections are required vs being out in the unincorporated suburbs where you don’t have to pull permits and have city inspect.

Who did you end up going with? I think it also depends on whether you are in the city limits where permits and city inspections are required vs being out in the unincorporated suburbs where you don’t have to pull permits and have city inspect.

We are in Cypress! Like a mile from CCP’s office. When we were building our house, my Dad called the owner and had him come out during construction and we told him what we were looking for. He said it would cost X. Then he passed us on to one of his designers but things went quiet for a few months while the house was being finished. Then I emailed him when we were all moved in and ready and said “hey we’re serious now, should I work with you or the designer? Just want to make sure I get the friendly pricing.” Bid came back 30k more than what we talked about when he visited out construction site. I never responded to the email and I never heard back from them.

But I can vouch for their quality. They built my parents last two pools and did a great job. Not sure what happened to me. I was hoping to get a friendly bid from them and be one and done but after that I had to go on a wild goose chase and met with like 6 other builders.

We are in Cypress! Like a mile from CCP’s office. When we were building our house, my Dad called the owner and had him come out during construction and we told him what we were looking for. He said it would cost X. Then he passed us on to one of his designers but things went quiet for a few months while the house was being finished. Then I emailed him when we were all moved in and ready and said “hey we’re serious now, should I work with you or the designer? Just want to make sure I get the friendly pricing.” Bid came back 30k more than what we talked about when he visited out construction site. I never responded to the email and I never heard back from them.

But I can vouch for their quality. They built my parents last two pools and did a great job. Not sure what happened to me. I was hoping to get a friendly bid from them and be one and done but after that I had to go on a wild goose chase and met with like 6 other builders.

Sorry they didn’t work out for you. I live in Katy and made a few trips up to their office behind that H-E-B. I think they’re one of the busiest pool builders around Houston given the number of pools they build. I think Brian is the owners name and never met the guy although I talked to him towards the end of our build which was delayed since we flooded from Harvey. We were suppose to get plaster the weekend of the hurricane. They worked with us in cleaning up the unplastered pool and holding off on finishing it for 4 months until we could get the house issue under control. I did have to rebuy a pump and heater from them since those flooded and didn’t work when the pool was finished. It would’ve been a nice gesture if they replaced them for free since we didn’t have flood insurance. But still happy with the build and quality. No issues thus far. Who was your builder you went with?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m guessing your bid was so high because they weren’t really interested in doing your pool. Probably because they have all the work they need or can handle right now. Would be interesting to see if they said the same amount in the fall or winter.
FWIW, we started looking in the fall and signed a contract in January with our PB and got a 5 or 10% diiscount (can’t remember exactly). Pool was up and running by April so we had the whole summer to enjoy it. Just something to think about.

Sorry- just realized I wasn’t responding to the OP. Guess I haven’t had enough coffee this morning...

I shop at that HEB..... Yup, it's Brian. Didn't want to throw his name out there but since you did, lol. He really is a super nice guy. We are going with Waterside Poolscapes. They're a smaller builder but also not a one man show. They have an office in Katy and Stafford. Like I said, I met with several builders. They weren't the cheapest but I think best overall value with how comfortable I felt with them.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m guessing your bid was so high because they weren’t really interested in doing your pool. Probably because they have all the work they need or can handle right now. .

This is probably 100% correct. BUT I was hoping to get better treatment because of my connection. No harm, no fowl, it's all good!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.