New Pool build --- Northern California **4/12/21 start date**

I am not an expert, either. I'm just a homeowner that's dealt with living in various homes on top of this South TX caliche clay, which expands when wet and shrinks when dry. Everything is planned around it, at least for us. Plants. Trees. Water drainage. Foundation

We had our pool build where the decking isn't attached to the house. There's a six inch gap. My husband wanted it so if there's shifting, which will happen, the house won't be impacted. He said there's a big difference between a 4" decking and a stress tension foundation.

My thoughts:
Was there enough rebar? Cement the right consistency? Dirt compacted?

I am not an expert, either. I'm just a homeowner that's dealt with living in various homes on top of this South TX caliche clay, which expands when wet and shrinks when dry. Everything is planned around it, at least for us. Plants. Trees. Water drainage. Foundation

We had our pool build where the decking isn't attached to the house. There's a six inch gap. My husband wanted it so if there's shifting, which will happen, the house won't be impacted. He said there's a big difference between a 4" decking and a stress tension foundation.

My thoughts:
Was there enough rebar? Cement the right consistency? Dirt compacted?

You know what, the concrete guy I had come by did mention he thought it is a big possibility the concrete company I used didn't do a good job with rebar/dirt compacting. He saw some other cracks that he said was rebar related.

I do remember the areas of my photos that show the concrete away from foundation a few inches, when first poured it was butted up against the foundation there so I know for sure they didn't purposely pour it away a few inches.

Hopefully I can get a soil eng co out to access but I am thinking we should be ok. Then again I have absolute worst luck so I'd like to be sure before starting the dig.

I installed 14 Fafco solar panels last year on a ground rack for our pool last year. I don’t cover our pool at all so I needed to account for the extra heat loss. They work great! 85 degrees everyday as long as the suns out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.