New Pool Build in Tennessee

jgower

Sep 28, 2015
Nashville
New Gunite pool build in Tennessee coming in a few months. The first picture with the ugly green lines marked up by me is where the entrances are to the various structures

I'm worried that as the pool build stands, this is too much hardscaping and not enough landscaping. But, we have to deal with a lot of entrances to get in and out of structures, so I'm not sure exactly how this might be broken up more. I don't mind the low maintenance that will come along with this, along with plenty of space for games to be setup like cornhole etc, but, has anyone regretted having TOO much hardscape space on their build?

Any other feedback for me? :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.53.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.53.22 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.51.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.51.03 AM.png
    225.8 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: Apsuhead
Welcome to TFP! :wave: IMO, most of us don't have enough hard decking. Those areas shrink fast once you put some lounge chairs or tables on them. You can always put a nice planter or something if needed to add some color. Decision, decisions. :crazy: Good luck.

has anyone regretted having TOO much hardscape space on their build.

I mean. That's a subjective question that depends on who you ask. But 95% of the time people wish they had more hardscape. I just put in 1800 Sq ft and it only took a month to wish I did more. But I had to stop somewhere or the left side would have met the right side somewhere in the South Pacific.

You can add as many potted plants or planter boxes afterwards if you want some color.

And belated Welcome to TFP....... 7 years late. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Gladius Nova
I will have a lot of hardscaping around my pool. We will be putting in some trees, and plants around the fence to soften it up. However, we are looking forward to the open space near the pool. We will have some furniture below, but we will be able to show movies, and put a ping pong table and such on the deck. You look like you will have ample space around your pool to give you options.

Attachments

• 6783811F-6788-4C09-9EB1-C74DCEE6CCB9.jpeg
    6783811F-6788-4C09-9EB1-C74DCEE6CCB9.jpeg
    558.6 KB · Views: 15
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.