New pool build in SE Florida

So the digging was completed yesterday but the rain did not make it easy for the guys. It was pretty stormy by they finished digging. Also the big excavator was broken so they had to use the small one. They were going to finish framing but run out of time and today was no show. Hopefully, they will pick up tomorrow.

1594169606132.jpeg

Is the pool ready yet? :)

1594169637175.jpeg
Waiting for the rain to stop.

1594169665860.jpeg

I am enjoying seeing your pool build! One day I will be there! Can I ask you why you decided to get a heater? I am in Orlando area and I assumed without a screen you don't need a heater. That is one of the pro's I considered when debating getting a screen or not. Curious why you decided to get.

I am in central Florida and even with a screen, my pool has been heating up everyday to about 90. That is when it isn't raining which is pretty much everyday.
We got a heat pump to extend the swimming season. Also, it does do a good job of heating the rain water.

Reactions: ckinchen
I am enjoying seeing your pool build! One day I will be there! Can I ask you why you decided to get a heater? I am in Orlando area and I assumed without a screen you don't need a heater. That is one of the pro's I considered when debating getting a screen or not. Curious why you decided to get.

Hi, this is my first pool so I cannot really tell you if it was the right decision. I can tell you that my family does not like cold water. Around 88F is what we prefer. In the middle of the summer, I would probably won't need it but in the spring and fall I'm sure we can use the pool more. My dad has a pool and he is 5 minutes away. When his pool is 82F no one wants to go in and stay at jacuzzi instead. Ask me in a couple of years if it was a good move. ;)

Hi, this is my first pool so I cannot really tell you if it was the right decision. I can tell you that my family does not like cold water. Around 88F is what we prefer. In the middle of the summer, I would probably won't need it but in the spring and fall I'm sure we can use the pool more. My dad has a pool and he is 5 minutes away. When his pool is 82F no one wants to go in and stay at jacuzzi instead. Ask me in a couple of years if it was a good move. ;)
I would like to chime in -- I am in Miami and I faced the same issue. Family nearby with a pool, but it's basically a decoration for most from November to April. (Not me; I am a tough guy!) Makes it a little annoying when we have our best weather of the year in January, but the water is too cold for many people to want to enjoy.

Thanks for the answers! I will definitely keep that in mind then. Had not even thought of a heater for unscreened pool. And love the progress. You must be so very excited!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a question about the Equalizer line and Overflow line. The skimmer was installed yesterday. Looking at the pictures below, did I get that right? Where would the Overflow line be draining?

1594559817602.png

1594559844726.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.