New pool build in SE Florida

PB offered to add Jandy JE3000T for an additional $5400. The pool would be around 11k gal. Is it a good heater?

We have all Jandy including the heat pump. No complaints. Keeps pool at our 88 degree setting no matter what.

We use the "maintain temp" setting to have the system check the pool every 2 hours and heat when needed. This allows everything to shut off when not in use.

Reactions: alex800
We have all Jandy including the heat pump. No complaints. Keeps pool at our 88 degree setting no matter what.

We use the "maintain temp" setting to have the system check the pool every 2 hours and heat when needed. This allows everything to shut off when not in use.

I think I will go with Jandy Heat Pump J3000T then....

Thanks...

Reactions: Cavmedic
Hi! Can you send me The PB name? I am closer to Orlando but wonder if they have a location in this area. That is a great price!

PB submitted for the permit as of last week.

Here is the picture of the backyard. The tree on the right will be removed sometime this week.

Backyard Cam-20200526-150341.jpg

You might consider more lights. looks like you have one niches less light. I have a similar size pool and I did not want it dark. went with two regular size LEDs in the pool and a niche less over the shelf. I probably could have done all niches but love the light. Sure they wont mind if you decide you want to add more. IMG_2205[2].JPG

You might consider more lights. looks like you have one niches less light. I have a similar size pool and I did not want it dark. went with two regular size LEDs in the pool and a niche less over the shelf. I probably could have done all niches but love the light. Sure they wont mind if you decide you want to add more. View attachment 141973
Actually we went with 3 lights. One nicheless 12W light on the shelf and two 24W nicheless in the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi,

I do not see the overflow and equalizer lines on the plan. Are they depicted separately ?

Also, could you please pm the builder name ?

Thx !
It's a good question. I don't see overflow and equalizer lines anywhere in the schematic. I will contact PB for an explanation....
piping.jpg

Additionally, with a heat pump(about 45A), you'll need at least gauge 8 wire and a matching breaker. Your existing 30A breaker and gauge 10 won't be enough. But that should be easy for any electrician to change on site.

Additionally, with a heat pump(about 45A), you'll need at least gauge 8 wire and a matching breaker. Your existing 30A breaker and gauge 10 won't be enough. But that should be easy for any electrician to change on site.

This schematic was done before we decided to add the heat pump. This might be the reason it does not reflect proper electrical components.

Hi,

I do not see the overflow and equalizer lines on the plan. Are they depicted separately ?

Also, could you please pm the builder name ?

Thx !

I just spoke with our salesperson and he said that both overflow and equalizer lines are built into the skimmer. He said there is a little hole on the side of the skimmer that drains the water underground. He sais that when the water drops below a certain level the equalizer line will feed the water back to the skimmer so the pump won't get burnt. It sounded like this is some kind of feature of the skimmer. I was expecting the actual pipe for the overflow that drains somewhere on the side of the pool. Is anybody familiar with it?

Yes, the skimmer equalizer port can be connected to the main drain to allow the skimmer to operate if the water level falls below the skimmer opening. It is not depicted on the plan, though.

For overflow, there has to be an opening in the pool wall with a pipe going somewhere to drain the water as you mentioned. There's no overflow opening in the skimmer, at least not in mine. The "underground" destination sounds fishy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.