New Pool Build in Central Texas

Bmoreswim: That was shocking for this 5th generation Texan! But I do have a couple of thoughts regarding that 9th place rank. First of all, the article wasn't written or posted by a Texan!!! LOL. And second of all, being the ranks were based on FB "likes" just shows that while people from other states are sittin' on their duffs with FB, we Texans are out and about revelling in our GREAT Lone Star State!!!! ("Texas, Our Texas" is playing in the background, Blue Bonnets are waving in the gentle Hill Country breezes, and Mocking Birds are swooping in pecking at anyone who dares to disparage our people and state)

Thank you very much!!! Suz (But..... sending love out to everyone from those other great states!)

Wow....just wow! I have dreamed of what I would want my pool to look like if I was I doing a new build, but pretty sure what I dreamed was not even close to as beautiful as what you have made reality. I mean I'm from PA and wouldnt change a thing if I put that pool here. Even the Texas touches!

We are fine. There was a tornado near Marble Falls/Horseshoe Bay area which is about 15 minutes away. No flooding here thankfully just crazy lightning that took out our well house and our pool remote transreceiver and kept me up at night. Thanks for checking in on us! Finally have a little sun today! Lovin' your pool build thread. Hope it dries out so y'all can finish up. :)
Andrea

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Get out of my head! Thank you so much for all of your pictures. We are in Dripping Springs and are planning a new pool. I grew up here and wanted a natural look to the pool but couldn't articulate what I wanted. I want something that looks like it is supposed to be there, which you achieved--congratulations!

Do you mind me asking who built your pool? We're still in the interview process... Thank you!

Hi Andrea! Just found your build and wanted to chime in with everyone else that is is breathtaking!! Such a special place you and you husband have created for you and your children and their future children for years to come! What wonderful memories for you all to share! And you'll have no worries about your kids hanging out anywhere but at home because your house is going to be THE place to be!
Blessing! Denise

Ahhhhhh..... I'm soooo glad your thread was brought up again. I never tire of revisiting your build and looking at the gorgeous Texas build. Home, I feel like I'm home when I look at your pictures!

Thanks, TxBoyHouse for bumping this one up again!

Suz.

Hey Suz! This bump got me looking at build threads I had not had time to keep up with. Your thread was so long I had to jump ahead to see finished pictures! It turned out so beautiful. I'm going to have to curl up with your thread/novel when I have a little more time! Lol. Congrats on your gorgeous pool and thanks for the kind words. :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's kind of interesting to see how everything unfolds and the progress that is made, though. I hope you are enjoying it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We absolutely love the pool! My son didn't want a pool to begin with, and now he doesn't miss a day being in the water!! We love everything about it - the spa, the heater, the shape, the deck, the landscaping, the LED lights, the water features, the depths, and for me, most of all the steps. I got lucky, because I'm THE worst at visualizing and turning into reality what I see in my head.

With hip and back issues, being in the water makes me feel normal again. I'm a little beyond water therapy right now, but hoping to have surgery in the next 6 months. Then it should be a real bonus to have the pool for recuperating and building back strength.

We really have no regrets. That's not to say I wouldn't do a few things differently on a second pool, but it wouldn't be much. And if I had property like yours, my pool, decking, and landscaping would be completely different to fit the new space. Being in the water or floating on it just makes me smile like a kid. I don't think I could build a pool that was ever too big (if I could afford it). But at my age, this pool is so perfect!

But..... just let us know when you start renting out rooms!!!! I'll be there in a flash! Lol!!!!

Suz.

That is an incredible pool, jeez. I'm just down the road from you in Austin. Can I ask if the stone in the water messes with your water quality/chemistry at all? It seems like it would leach and raise your pH constantly. If it doesn't, I'm going to have to rethink my owner build design that I'm starting on. Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.