New Pool Build - Equipment Pad/Automation Help!

laszlof

Jun 12, 2023
SE Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hey all, new to the forum, and had some questions.

We currently have an above ground pool that we're tearing down and having a 13x27' in ground put in its place. We've gotten a quote from a local builder to do the entire backyard plus some additional things we need done inside the house. We put our deposit down this week and are excited to break ground next month. Here are the specs that we were quoted on:

• Edit by Jim R.
  • Edit by Jim R.
  • Salt Chlorination System
  • Heater
  • Primary VS pump (with wifi)
  • Secondary 1HP pump for water feature
  • 1 LED Light
I do not have the model info for the unlinked items, but I wanted to get everyones thoughts on the most budget friendly way to get some level of centralized control over all of this equipment. We'd like to be able to adjust the lighting, set a timer for the main pump, turn the water feature on and off, see pool temps and set the target temp with the heater, check chlorine levels. At least from a centralized control pad, preferably also from a mobile app.

My initial though was get the following products:
The heater and lights are less important, as I believe those will connect right into the Omnihub without any kind of issues. As far as I can tell, most heaters have a low voltage control circuit that will tap right into the Omnihub for control, and the lights are going to go into the relay box that comes with the Omni setup. I'm willing to sacrifice a bit here to save money as long as they are not complete junk.

My thought here is, I really only need 1 pump. I can place the valve actuator on the outlet side of the system, one direction feeding back into the pool, the other feeding the water feature. Omnihub should allow me to choose which path (or both, to an extent) I want to send the flow to. I do not really see many situations where I would be running both.

Does this sound like a good, cost-effective way to reach the level of automation I'm talking about? Is there a better solution that will save me money without sacrificing quality? Do I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, and is this the dumbest thing you've ever seen?

I'm waiting to get numbers back from my contractor on this to see how much cost its going to add.

Thanks in advance.

Looks like part of my list was edited out, I'm not sure why. The pool is a 13.5'x27.5' fiberglass rectangular pool. The 2nd line item was a fuax-stone grotto with a large waterfall. I listed and linked the exact model because its important to know the waterfall specs require a fairly beefy pump (100GPM) to feed it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.