New Pool and stuck between a rock and a wife

My understanding is that sand filters perform better when a bit dirty. You keep backwashing a brand new filter so its perhaps too much? Not to mention you're washing out all that zeostuff with each backwash. Give the filter a chance, dude :)

My understanding is that sand filters perform better when a bit dirty. You keep backwashing a brand new filter so its perhaps too much? Not to mention you're washing out all that zeostuff with each backwash. Give the filter a chance, dude :)

I know, I know. I'm usually fairly patient...but for some reason I want progress and perfection at once.

It may or not help to make a skimmer sock for your skimmer to help filter stuff.. wont hurt.
Use an old pair of panty hose or t shirt, and line the inside of the skimmer basket with it. Tie a string or something around the top to hold it there.

If it gets too full then clean it out...if your pressure rises, clean it out and check pressure again to make sure you dont have to backwash too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.