Southern Az
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Finally received our polywood chairs, like them a lot. Comfortable and well built:

Attachments

• IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    545.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    412.9 KB · Views: 105
Those look great, do they get smoking hot in the sun?
Not really. Obviously, the darker colors will be warmer, but even our red one doesn’t seem to get too hot. But, if we ever sit in them while in the full sun, we are usually wet from just getting out of the pool or we’ll throw a towel down. To help reduce the discoloration over time, be sure and spray and wipe them with a good UV protectant about very three months. Colors will really “pop” nicely. These chairs are on the expensive side, but they are a lasting investment. We got ours from Premium Poly Patios online. They are running some good sales right now.

there are so many options on that site that are priced different and look the same to me. Which ones did yall get?
The Aruba chairs are the Vineyard Curved back "large" ($319/ea in Aruba); the Lime chairs are Curved backed standard (a little smaller/lighter) ($199/ea from Home Depot). The smaller chairs are also closer to the ground, where the Vineyard is a more upright sitting Adirondack.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In AZ, probably 30 minutes. :) In MD, I've had our oldest for about 10 years, mostly sun, and they still look quite nice. May have faded some but not noticeably. And more importantly, they don't have any chalky feeling whatsoever.

I’ve had the two multi-colors poly lumber Adirondack chairs for two years in FL. First year was outside and last year in the pool cage. The blue Polywood I got on sale last year. These are never put away but the pool cage screen decreases the UV a bit. Love them all, but appreciate the cup holders on the poly lumber Adirondacks, plus they fold up, great for hurricane season here if we need to clear the decks and store.

52C4CDCC-90E5-4020-8987-7BB131A8B61D.jpegB3C9CA27-EA07-40BC-A6E2-DAB98218BD99.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chickinvic
The hardware is stainless, I don't see why setting them in the water would be an issue. You'd have to have a pretty deep tanning ledge to reach the lowest screws...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.