New Plaster Start Up Bi-Carb - Last Leg

Today: pH 8.2, TA 260, CH 200. Adding 10 oz MA.
Pool store: copper 0, iron <1 (yesterday they had TA at 325).

Put in new filter (Porpoise brand), jets perked up and skimmer better. Brushing 2x a day, filter back on schedule. Thoughts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When drop testing go to the last drop that does not result in any further change and don't count that last drop. So, your TA is likely 280 or possibly 290.

When drop testing go to the last drop that does not result in any further change and don't count that last drop. So, your TA is likely 280 or possibly 290.

I've been counting the last drop in all cases so I've been recording higher than actual numbers (instruction in kit doesn't state this detail); TA is 270. I'm seeing little change day to day and adding small amounts of MA. Is the TA a problem?

Today:
pH 8.2, TA 270, CH 175 (not counting last drop). Adding MA per PoolMath with pH goal 7.9 10 oz; make no changes unless pH is 8+.

Thanks for the help.
Susan

I'm in week 2.5 and thought it time for a quick update. The pH is running 8.0 - 8.2 and I calculate MA required in PoolMath with the goal set at 7.8; ~10 oz daily. Still brushing 2x a day, CH steady and TA slowly coming down. The water is crystal clear and I (who never tended a pool before this project) can "feel" the smoothness of the surface when brushing -- a bit different than the first days of brushing.

The PB stopped in to fix a minor issue and commented on how good the pool looked. The woman that maintains the pool for us was also very impressed and commented on the smooth finish. While they never said so, I suspect they were concerned that the technique might not work so it was rewarding to hear the positive feed back.

I will continue until everything is in balance before returning north for summer.

Susan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.