New plaster and high CH

jingo6390

Bronze Supporter
Sep 13, 2017
Tucson
I had my pool re-plastered with PebbleFina Feb. 2018. After the plastering in Feb. I had a CH reading of 450 (TF100 kit). In March it went up to 475 and now in April it is 500. For completeness all the readings today are:

FC=3.0
CC<.5
CH=500
TA=90
PH=7.6
CYA=35
salt=1260
borates=15
CSI=.13

I have read that it takes PebbleFina 12-18 months to fully cure. Could the high CH and its increase be due to calcium coming out of the new plaster?

Welcome to TFP:wave: I would expect your pool to cure for about 6 months. After that the only way to get higher ch would be from fill water. Have you filled your pool lately, have you tested your fill water? Hope this helps others will chime in soon?

Your pool is still curing and your csi is within range. I would just continue to monitor. When my ch got really high I put rainwater into my pool by diverting one of my downspouts into the pool. Some people like in Arizona and other parts of the country have very ch but closely monitor there pool. Hope this helps. [emoji482]

Mine is 575. I replastered in September of last year. At one point it was approaching 1000. I drained and got it down to 400 in December. As long as you keep ph in range, it is not a problem. Your CSI is good. Don’t worry about it.

Concentrate on increasing your CYA and chlorine. Salt levels look low too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.