Gold Supporter
May 19, 2021
Northern Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I recently had to get a new cell phone. After transferring all my data using the Android/Google transfer system/app I logged into Pool Math using my account. It immediately said i have to setup a new pool.

Is there a way to transfer the pool config and all history from the previous phone? I would have thought pools would be saved somewhere other than the phone storage?

Any hints/tips?

Much MUCH appreciated!

That's interesting because I have set up on both an iPhone and an iPad by just logging in with same user name and password and all data comes up. Both update to latest data.
Did you back up your old phone before you discarded it and then set up the new phone with that back up data? That is how iPhone works if you change phones.

maybe @Leebo can advise more specifics on the app.

I still have the original phone. I just have had issues with the USB-C port and it charging well... so bought a new phone while i await the latest Pixel.

As for the app and how i transferred it, i used the default google transfer app. This doesn't seem to transfer the configs for the apps - which i believe iPhone/iOS does by default for you.

This leads me to believe there is some local, saved, settings. But i could be mistaken.

Hopefully the person you tagged can aid in how to natively transfer the configs over!

Cheers!

I was looking at the menu and there is an export/import feature that creates a backup file. You may want to to that on your old phone on the PM app.

This sounds like maybe you’re not signed in with the same account as before. Did you maybe login originally using a “social login” maybe? If so you’ve got to use that again now to get the data.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.