New PebbleTec Finish: PebbleEssence

MFM

Silver Supporter
May 27, 2017
Gainesville
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
In researching finishes for a renovation project, came across a new PebbleTec finish, PebbleEssence. I've been told it's PebbleSheen with the shimmering sea/luminous already in the 'recipe' and that it is applied in a similar way to PebbleBrillaince. I've considered a PebbleSheen finish with added shimmering sea/luminous, but if PebbleEssence has that as its base, maybe that's a better route to go (application, price, etc)?

When the final product is added just before the last trowel it has a better chance of being on the surface and more noticeable. In the picture provided they added the polished glass beads and abalone shell just prior to the last trowel, otherwise the majority is hidden inside the mix below the surface. This will add more responsibility to the application crew on uniformity of the product.

Attachments

• BFFBC306-D709-479B-A4F2-4BA923A55C6F.jpeg
    BFFBC306-D709-479B-A4F2-4BA923A55C6F.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 30
Our pool construction has just started and we are trying to decide what plaster we want. We paid for Pebble sheen but are waiting for quotes to upgrade to Pebble essence or brilliance while trying to decide what we want. I can’t find much about pebble essence since it’s new, but the plaster company told our PB that Pebble Tec would send a crew to help show them how to polish the essence plaster since it would be their first time doing that finish.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.