New, New...and so lost

CarolD

Jul 21, 2018
Richmond, TX
Our new pool was just finished a few weeks ago. We have a 20,500 gallon inground free form pool. All Hayward equipment. I am completely new to pools and new to this site. So Hi!

I was looking for info on properly maintaining our new pool and found TFP...so I registered and am introducing myself. Hope to find some good info on this site!

Welcome! :wave:

If you have any questions, the people here are more than willing to help you out!

BTW: Don't believe ANYTHING the pool store tells you that you need to put into your pool!

Welcome to TFP and another HOT Texas day. :sun: Wow. Real quick Carol, here's what you should be considering:
1 - The proper test kit. Either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C (link below). One of those kits and you can't go wrong. Anything else is guesswork.
2 - Visit our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry to get a quick understanding of what we do.
3 - Review/save all those Vital Links below in my signature. They are the basis for everything we say here.

With one of those test kits, post a full set of numbers and we'll be happy to coach you through testing and what to do next. It's not hard at all. Whenever you have questions, just ask. Stay cool! :swim: