Jsf721

Jun 24, 2022
Long Island, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am a new Pool Owner. i HAVE A 20 x 40 foot inground chlorine pool. I have a Hayward DE Progrid filter 3620. The pump runs on a intermatic timer 7 days a week form 8:30AM-5PM during the pool season. I use a Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus robot to clean the pool weekly.
I am doing my own chemistry and use test strips and trips to Leslie to stay on top of my pool chemistry.

So far, so good. My only issue was high phosphates and I handled that with the Orenda PR10000 and its worked great but clogged the filter up leading to pressure that was 5-7 lbs above normal clean grids. I learned how to open the filter, clean the grids and put it back together from watching Youtube.

I am currently trying to buy a used complete identical filter and a spare Dolphin Nautilus Cc Plus so that I can have spare parts just in case. Around here the filters go for $200-$400 and the bots for $ 500.00 ish but I am still looking. Any leads on where to get a good back up online at a discount would be appreciated.

Howdy and welcome.

Good luck on the filter and cleaner. But I will say if you are going to participate here you’re going to get told a few things over and over. Test strips and Leslie’s testing are not adequate so you are not on top of your chemistry. You need a good drop based test kit with FAS/DPD chlorine testing like TF100 or K2006C. Also phosphates are generally not a problem. You were sold a bill of goods by the pool store, which resulted in your filter clog.

Please take a look at the Pool School pages and then come back with questions.