Erin, Ontario
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have been trying to understand this and having trouble. I just purchased a new heater connected to my aqualink by rs485 so I can communicate with it through the aqualink app. What I would like to do is once the system calls for heat, to trigger a 24v signal to my Vgreen pump digital input for a certain rpm. I haven't been able to figure out how to accomplish this properly. The only thing that I can think of is splice into the gas valve solenoid so that once it is open, the motor will get the signal.

Is there a more elegant way of doing this through the aqualink panel?

I have been trying to understand this and having trouble. I just purchased a new heater connected to my aqualink by rs485 so I can communicate with it through the aqualink app. What I would like to do is once the system calls for heat, to trigger a 24v signal to my Vgreen pump digital input for a certain rpm. I haven't been able to figure out how to accomplish this properly. The only thing that I can think of is splice into the gas valve solenoid so that once it is open, the motor will get the signal.

Is there a more elegant way of doing this through the aqualink panel?
I did it that way with my 1.65 vgreen. You probably have the bigger pump. Does it have the same digital inputs? Seems to me there were differences for that pump and may need an adapter.

Chris

Jester,

If you have a Vgreen 165 motor you can actually control its speed via the Aqualink system if you change one configuration variable in the motor.

See:

Changing the motor’s configuration allows the Vgreen 165 to speak Jandy’s RS-485 protocol and the Aqualink system can control it by selecting the Epump choice in the VSP pump settings.

When the speeds are controlled via the Aqualink settings then you can set up a motor speed for Pool Heat / Spa Heat (or Temp1 / Temp2) and the motor will run that speed any time the system turns the heater on.

Jester,

If you have a Vgreen 165 motor you can actually control its speed via the Aqualink system if you change one configuration variable in the motor.

See:

Changing the motor’s configuration allows the Vgreen 165 to speak Jandy’s RS-485 protocol and the Aqualink system can control it by selecting the Epump choice in the VSP pump settings.

When the speeds are controlled via the Aqualink settings then you can set up a motor speed for Pool Heat / Spa Heat (or Temp1 / Temp2) and the motor will run that speed any time the system turns the heater on.
Thanks. You actually helped me extensively last year when I was trying to get it working and I had problems. I really appreciated the help you put in for me. Unfortunately I could not get that to work and stopped thinking about it until now with the new heater

Jester,

See:

Jester,

Back when I installed the Vgreen 165 I was unaware of this work around. This looks like a much better approach. I would definitely try this as you get all the additional iAqualink benefits.

Chris

So I tried to flash the motor again this year after being unsuccessful last year even though @MSchutzer tried his best to help and .....was still unsuccessful, BUT this time I asked my neighbour to use his adapter and we were able to successfully get it working. Very happy with the outcome. Thanks to all who helped me.

Reactions: MSchutzer
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.