new intex prism frame and rust

scout123

Bronze Supporter
Feb 18, 2018
Northwest GA
I put my pool up a month ago and when I got in it today I noticed on some of the top poles that go through the pool sleeve, where they go into the T's there is rust already! This is a new pool. My daughter has been in it twice and i've been in it once. Any suggestions? Should I take care of it now or can I wait until this fall when I take the pool down? Then when I take it down, try to remove the rust and then paint it with rustoleum or something?? Thanks

Sorry to hear that. I have a little rust but mine has been up for 3 years. Need to see how bad the rust is … If it is surface rust then a little brush and some rustoleum paint will work. Rust gets worse the longer it goes untreated. I am changing the pool after this season so I am ok with the little rust I see but if you are having this pool for another season, I would address it now.

I bought this pool with the hopes of using it for two years before upgrading, so if I can get two years I'll be happy, but still it irritates me that a brand new pool is already showing rust. I don't know if the saltwater had anything to do with it. My daughter had only been in the pool twice when I finally got in and noticed it, so it's not like a lot of water was constantly splashed on those areas. I'll spray it, and, like I said, if I can get through this and next year with it, I'll be satisfied.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.