New Intex 2 inlets no skimmer

Apr 23, 2012
After 6 years, it was time to retire the old 18' x 52" Intex pool and get another. I replaced the liner once during that time (mainly due to neglect and poor maintenance) and the frame was rusting now (Southwest Louisiana), but it wasn't as bad as I thought. So the new pool came with 2 inlets and no skimmer. I'm thinking of putting the in-wall skimmer in this one as well, but I'm not sure how to plug off one of the holes. Has anyone made modifications to this 2 inlet pool, and if so, do you have pictures? Thanks in advance.

b9725affdef841dbcf7e1f91c5d4fe40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I've seen threads about this exact topic before. As I recall, the second suction line gets converted to a second return.

There's this thread that might have a link to something useful, or you can try the search box if you haven't discovered it yet. If you do go for the search, look for
paperclip.png
That means pictures.

I know I've seen threads about this exact topic before. As I recall, the second suction line gets converted to a second return.

There's this thread that might have a link to something useful, or you can try the search box if you haven't discovered it yet. If you do go for the search, look for
paperclip.png
That means pictures.

Thanks! I had checked out that thread. I did a search but didn't come up with what I was looking for, probably searching for the wrong terms. I know someone has already dealt with this and I can't be the only one. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the black plug one one. It's just there doing nothing, except plugging the precut hole in the pool. Then one hose stays hooked up to the other (which is also plugged) so 100% of the water goes through the skimmer. I found using inlet plus the skimmer didn't work so well. Plugging them both allows great flow through the skimmer. Plus, it was cheap, no special parts needed, except a new skimmer adaptor to work with the 1 1/4 hose.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.