New IC40 Cell light blinking, Pentair says Phosphates

I would shut off all power to remove the cell just to be sure that the pump did not start by itself.

The builder should have installed valves so that you can isolate everything for these types of maintenance tasks.

You probably need to have them come back and help you get the cell checked and valves installed.

You can shut the suction valves and plug the returns, but make sure that everything is closed or you will have a mess when you remove the cell.

Push Pentair to drop ship you a replacement unit, if you don't get a response from the company they sent the WO to.
Based on the chemistry numbers, scale is highly likely and should be ruled out before pressing for a new cell.

FC=4 (manually adding atm to keep up here because SWG isn't working)
CC=0
pH=8.1
TA=180
CH=200
CYA=50
Salt=3700
Temp=81

The high pH and TA are good indications that the CSI is not being controlled.

To the OP, it is important to keep the CSI between -0.3 and 0.0 to keep scale under control.

PoolMath

ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Recommended Levels

An update ... my pool builder came out this week and replaced the flow switch based on the recommendation of his Pentair contact. It did not fix the problem, so now he is going to try to get a replacement cell. Will update again when I have more info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.