rkvarvaro

Jul 30, 2021
Saint Petersburg FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, thanks for letting me be a part of this community. I just moved to Saint Petersburg from Sugar Land, TX. My prior home had a 30,000 gunite pool, hot tub combo, polaris, DE filter, heater, two pumps. My little Barbie house has a Barbie pool! I knew buying the home the pool was going to be a financial commitment getting it up to par. First my inspector said I had a 9x18 fiberglass pool that needed resurfacing, larger cartridge filter, and soon a new pump. I had a pool company come by for consult, he said it’s gunite, didn’t need resurfacing, yes on the filter (currently clean and clear 75) he didn’t address the missing weir door, missing straining basket, the broken basket in pump motor. Just asked for a $1100 check for filter, chemicals, and a month of service. No bueno! The pool analysis shows no low FC .14, low PH 6.3, TA 0, CYA 166, copper .6, CH 152. Started with soda ash, PH didn’t rise, unfortunately they also gave my son more chlor-brite to add. The pool had been green when I arrived for my final walk thru, they threw chemicals in, still green. I don’t believe it’s algae, after Ash, the pool is clear, but no FC, and still low PH.
The conflicting info on pool surface has me frustrated, I’ll be honest, I do believe its concrete, but on the fence. The skimmer has nothing inside of the long deep single hole system. I see a side port, at the base of the skimmer line closest to the pool wall side, however, a hose attached pool cleaner was shoved down into the only hole at base of skimmer. There is a pool drain, no diverters on the pool plumbing. Filter tank attaches at the base of the dome. I’d like to convert to SW, upgrade filter and pump, fix the skimmer mess, and remove the 4 inches of caulk around the one pool light. Owe, there are only two eyeball ports on the equipment side wall of the pool. Is that normal?
I need an honest, affordable, reputable company to access my issues. Money is a concern, however, I’ve lived her two weeks now, not once have I been able to even enjoy my pool:-(
Thank you all for any input.
Rhonda

Hello, thanks for letting me be a part of this community. I just moved to Saint Petersburg from Sugar Land, TX. My prior home had a 30,000 gunite pool, hot tub combo, polaris, DE filter, heater, two pumps. My little Barbie house has a Barbie pool! I knew buying the home the pool was going to be a financial commitment getting it up to par. First my inspector said I had a 9x18 fiberglass pool that needed resurfacing, larger cartridge filter, and soon a new pump. I had a pool company come by for consult, he said it’s gunite, didn’t need resurfacing, yes on the filter (currently clean and clear 75) he didn’t address the missing weir door, missing straining basket, the broken basket in pump motor. Just asked for a $1100 check for filter, chemicals, and a month of service. No bueno! The pool analysis shows no low FC .14, low PH 6.3, TA 0, CYA 166, copper .6, CH 152. Started with soda ash, PH didn’t rise, unfortunately they also gave my son more chlor-brite to add. The pool had been green when I arrived for my final walk thru, they threw chemicals in, still green. I don’t believe it’s algae, after Ash, the pool is clear, but no FC, and still low PH.
The conflicting info on pool surface has me frustrated, I’ll be honest, I do believe its concrete, but on the fence. The skimmer has nothing inside of the long deep single hole system. I see a side port, at the base of the skimmer line closest to the pool wall side, however, a hose attached pool cleaner was shoved down into the only hole at base of skimmer. There is a pool drain, no diverters on the pool plumbing. Filter tank attaches at the base of the dome. I’d like to convert to SW, upgrade filter and pump, fix the skimmer mess, and remove the 4 inches of caulk around the one pool light. Owe, there are only two eyeball ports on the equipment side wall of the pool. Is that normal?
I need an honest, affordable, reputable company to access my issues. Money is a concern, however, I’ve lived her two weeks now, not once have I been able to even enjoy my pool:-(
Thank you all for any input.
Rhonda
Oh and when measuring, my pool is 24X12 with a 3x8 area consisting of three steps into pool, average depth, 3-4 ft for 12 ft, drop off 7 ft remainder. My calculations put this at a 10,000-11,000 gallon pool? Any mathematicians out, please feel free to correct me, I’m not confident in my formula. First of all, it stinks being the one to know all this verbiage, or attempting to know. But I try to educate myself so I'm not taken advantage of, unfortunately, it still happens.