New Here- Need to select waterline tile ASAP

cac546

Jul 13, 2018
Southwest, Michigan
Hi there. This is my first post on this site so please forgive any lack of understanding of how this all works.

We're building a 20x40 gunite pool with a beautiful travertine coping and deck. The travertine is very light and leans more gray than gold - Marmiro Grano Antiqued. I'm trying to find a waterline tile that will match the travertine as much as possible but didn't have any luck at my pool builder's supplier (NPT products).

Are there online sources for pool tile that anyone has had success with? Anyone used a waterline tile to mimic travertine? Pictures and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I've (hopefully) attached a picture of the travertine as installed in our covered patio.

Attachments

• IMG_7849.jpg
    IMG_7849.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 47
Instead of trying to match our travertine, we used the waterline tile as the pop of color. Both our travertine coping/deck and the white crystal pebblesheen finish are very light - so the waterline tile became the focal point and this worked very well for us.

Just a note: larger 6" tiles that are completely smooth with no texture are going to be the easiest to keep clean at the water line (easiest to prevent and remove scaling)

Smaller tiles with more grout lines or tiles with texture are harder to keep clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.