New here from NE Ohio

Apr 9, 2017
Warren
My girlfriend inherited her childhood home including the 20 x 45' pool which she has no idea how to care for. It is a Champion pool circa 1975.
Ordered a 1.5 HP Maximus pump and the existing sand filter is in good repair and already empty.
Definitely doing the BBB method.
Pool hadn't been opened in 5 years and needs some TLC. Pressure washing the surrounding concrete now and have to make some fence repairs.

Trying pics
a4d9981464c9f8fec58633f892d46b13.jpg
c6379bd19604bc5d791208afa05e3db4.jpg
e32050b365eee44139263f47c0fcb641.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

As far as learning about pool care your best place to start is the Pool School button at the top of the page.
Oh, and ask questions. Lots of questions!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Love the pics! Going to be a great summer!

Quick update. Got the pool area cleaned up and have started pumping out. Lots of leaves on the bottom. Should be​ ready to fill by the weekend!!!!

Pool will be filled with chlorinated city water at a cost of about $250. Have my Taylor test kit ready to go. New filter pump is installed and ready to go. Sand filter is empty and will get new sand and some missing parts will be purchased.

The liner is stained a little. And help with how to remove the stains, or should I just plan on a new liner next season.

Thank you in advance.
07cbd247cd77a6097f102b6be36ef6e1.jpg
cefbcd8efea659d4d9014cdf8a9deda3.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Welcome to the forum,

Maybe this will do for the time being, and you'll lose some of the stains. It won't hurt bringing up the Chlorine and having to worry about fading the liner and such. Brush up on Pool School, ABCs, and the SLAM process so you're ready when it gets full.

If your plan is to keep this liner you need to get some water back in there ASAP! Plan on likely getting in to push out some wrinkles as it fills as it looks like it's already got a few devolving. A cheap plunger can help with this.

Thanks Pat and Leebo. Pool is filling now. New pump is ready to go and Taylor test kit is here. Hopefully it will be full by Saturday so I can test to see where my levels are. SLAM will start Sunday if necessary.
Great forum here.

You can test your fill watwr now for practice unless you're good at the testing already from having other pools or whatever. Have you gotten some Cya (Stabilizer) yet? Might get that on hand and ready along with your Chlorine supply.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.