New Guy's T-15 problem

Chris J

Jul 15, 2019
Northern Virginia
I found y'all while researching an issue with a Aqua Logic Goldline Chlorinator cell replacement. Replaced a T-15 with a T-15 and got the dreaded Chlorinator off, High Salt/Amp shutoff message.
I found your thread on a resolution involving the K1 relay solder/connection by DJConn.
Can anyone provide me with a motherboard diagram so I can locate the K1 relay??
c

What are the diagnostic readings?

Check the readings then press the + button to reverse polarity and see what the new diagnostics show.
Switching polarity only works for a minute and then the same message appears....... chlorinator off High Salt/Amps. the minute it is on the diagnostics say 40.62 plus volts, 10.04 Amps, 87 deg, 1900 PPM. A more accurate salinity check shows its 3100-3200.

OK........ pulled the circuit board and low and behold the K1 relay solder connection was burnt. I soldered the connection, and replaced the 20 Amp fuse with a 15 amp fuse in order to make the fuse sacrificial instead of the relay connection. Everything and all diagnostic indicators are normal and everything is running 5 bye.
Thanks for the mentoring......... K1 relay and connection became very obvious once I pulled the led indicator face.
CJ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.