New guy in NJ

shades

May 30, 2007
New Jersey

Hi Everyone!

New to this site and pools in general. In the middle of a pool build, gunite, pebbletec etc. A friend is a pool contractor and is doing it on the side, way on the side, 8 months now. Coping guys coming tomorrow,yahoo, maybe water by July! I will take all advice on equiptment as that is our next purchase. Pumps, filter,heaters etc. whatever you think is best. I can't give much back but I have learned a few things along the way that may help someone at some point.

Married to a wonderful woman 2 great kids and a big dog that wants to swim. Christian, Optician, small group director at local church, Kung -Fu teacher and all-around water nut.

TexasGirl

Apr 15, 2007
Central Texas
shades said:
Christian, Optician, small group director at local church, Kung -Fu teacher and all-around water nut.
Shades: Take it from a Christian, small business owner, Taekwondo black belt with instructor certificate, and all-around water nut: Your biggest mistake may turn-out to be doing business with a friend (or family). Be careful.

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
Shades....welcome! lot's to learn here from a lot of nice folks.

Debbie....very intuitive.....yeah, me, too. Been there, done that.

shades

May 30, 2007
New Jersey
Thanks for the welcome looking forward to learning much. Debbie, you are right I am sure. I knew what I was in for so my expectations were in the right place. I knew there would be some character development in this process and welcomed it, although water by July would be nice.

kirbinster

Apr 30, 2007
NJ
I'm here in NJ too and highly suggest you go with a heatpump to heat the pool - if you don't go solar. Don't let people talk you into gas!

Poolsean

TFP Expert
Apr 15, 2007
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Shades,
Welcome to TFP.

I'm only a brown belt in Judo. :x
I was just thinking, who would want to mess with a Kung Fu master to begin with!?
If this "friend" doesn't finish your pool this summer, TexasGirl and I will come over and open a can of WHOOP *** on him for you. :twisted: