New guy and only 2nd season with pool

Stumbled across this Forum doing research. Learned more studying "Pool School" for an hour than I did all last season from the pool "experts" at our local pool supply stores.
I think the most important thing I discovered is that my water tester is woefully inadequate, and with such a very limited tester I will NEVER get it figured out.
So my current task is deciding on a good test kit, and would love to hear some recommendations and personal experiences.

Stumbled across this Forum doing research. Learned more studying "Pool School" for an hour than I did all last season from the pool "experts" at our local pool supply stores.
I think the most important thing I discovered is that my water tester is woefully inadequate, and with such a very limited tester I will NEVER get it figured out.
So my current task is deciding on a good test kit, and would love to hear some recommendations and personal experiences.
Welcome to the forum!

You will need a test kit that contains a FAS/DPD (not DPD only) chlorine test, as well as reagents to test pH, TA, CH, & CYA.

We recommend the TF-100 from TF Test Kits, or the Taylor K2006C, both kits use the industry standard Taylor reagents.

The TF-100 is your best value, as it contains more of the stuff you use everyday, and less of the stuff that you don't check that often.

The key to success is your FC to CYA ratio..... never, ever let your FC fall below 7.5% of your CYA, and target 12-15% for your daily maintenance levels and your pool will be sanitary and safe for everyone to enjoy that sparkling clear TFP water!

Nice to have you here with us.