New from VA

jamesoldiii

May 12, 2020
Portsmouth, VA
Hello all,

I am new to the TPP forums. I discovered the site last week and have been poking around. I received my Taylor -2006c kit today and tested my levels. I'm just looking for some guidance on what to do next. The pool is cloudy, you can see about a foot down. It's an above ground 14500 gallon (not sure of brand) with a 1.5hp blue torrent pump and a black diamond 120sqft cartridge filter.
FC: 0.4
CC: 1
PH: 7
CYA: 60
TA: 160

Well howdy..... glad to have you join us :)

So your pool is cloudy, I see your FC is far too low for the CYA of 60. Have you seen this yet:
FC/CYA Levels
That shows you how much FC to strive for to clear up the cloudy- see the SLAM process level? Then once cleared up you follow that guide for how much to maintain your pool FC level to avoid algae again.

Your CYA is a bit high for a non-zSwg pool.... consider a partial drain and refill with fresh water to lower that CYA to 30

To perform a SLAM process --> SLAM Process

Questions? Anyone? Bueller? <hehehehe>

Maddie :flower:

Well howdy..... glad to have you join us :)

So your pool is cloudy, I see your FC is far too low for the CYA of 60. Have you seen this yet:
FC/CYA Levels
That shows you how much FC to strive for to clear up the cloudy- see the SLAM process level? Then once cleared up you follow that guide for how much to maintain your pool FC level to avoid algae again.

Your CYA is a bit high for a non-zSwg pool.... consider a partial drain and refill with fresh water to lower that CYA to 30

To perform a SLAM process --> SLAM Process

Questions? Anyone? Bueller? <hehehehe>

Great, thank you! I think I've got the idea. I'm draining some water now, going to check the levels after I add water back in and then SLAM accordingly.

Welcome to the forums from another Tidewater native. Agreed. Haven't seen this many SE Virginians here in awhile. Here's hoping that we've got warm days ahead finally.

I’m going to try to get in the pool this afternoon. Water temp will probably be around 72°. I bought a wetsuit last spring just for occasions like this. ?

Yeah, the pool was here when we bought the house a few years ago and this year I decided to try and figure out the right way to take care of it. It's looking like rain here the first few days of next week. Will this affect the SLAM process? Should I wait or just go ahead once I've drained a bit and added water back in?

Go ahead with the SLAM. Other than being annoying, normal rain will not have a noticeable impact. Now if we get 6+ inches of rain in a day, that may change things some.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well small world! Skippy and I spent 10 years living in VaBch (Skippy stationed at Little Creek but worked on Fort Story). Great time there.

Glad to have all y'all posting here at TFP.... the Texas and Florida folks have been multiplying like bunnies and good to see Virginia in the house!

Reactions: linuxninja00
Too bad we can‘t SLAM this sucky weather pattern.

Our pool did manage to hit 76° yesterday, so I put on my wetsuit and jumped in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.