New filter help

Killer Squirrel

Aug 16, 2020
TX
I've had a Hayward S360SX sand filter for a couple years now and it's started leaking in the same areas as others have had trouble with. I'm convinced it's a design defect and I'm really disappointed that Hayward never came forward with recalls... but alas I just need a working pool filter. Pool is approx 22k gallons and uses 2" pipes. I'd like something similar to the filter I had, but I'm not sure what route to go. This filter uses a side mount multiport valve. It seems most filters now use top mount... if I go with a Pentair is there any chance my current multiport valve will fit? Or did they make the mounting position different so that brands aren't cross compatible? I'm a bit gun shy after having this hayward filter, the rest of my pool equip is pentair (pump, automation, swg, cleaner). Any recommendations for a new sand filter?

I have a Pentair DE filter that uses a multiport valve to the side. The filter has 2 pipes in vertical alignment - the lower is the inlet and the upper is the outlet. I think the other Pentair cartridge filters have same alignment but not sure about sand filter. You may want to check the distance between the lower and upper ports on your multiport valve and compare to Pentair equipment on their website or call Pentair directly. I have used Pentair for a very long time and very pleased with their products. Post a picture of your current filter with the multiport valve so others can comment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.