New Fiberglass Pool - Iowa

Love to see another fiberglasser out here, pool looks amazing! Your install seems to be moving incredibly fast, so kudos to you and your builder! Can't wait to see the finishing touches on it.
Thanks Circa! It was, their install team knocked it out in a few days. Rain delayed a week, but the next week the concrete guys did the bond beam and plumber/electrician finished out their jobs. Now the landscapers can finish the decking/patio and then my fence guy can close out the fence. 2 weeks is the time frame they gave me.
I’ll have to check out your pool. After all my reading, fiberglass just seemed like the way to go.

Reactions: CircaSurvivalist
Nice looking pool. Unfortunately due to the delays, it looks like algae has set in. :cry: You might want to start reviewing the SLAM Process page now so that you can start it as soon as the system is up & running. Do you already have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit? Be sure to update your signature with the test kit and all your pool and equipment details.

Thanks Circa! It was, their install team knocked it out in a few days. Rain delayed a week, but the next week the concrete guys did the bond beam and plumber/electrician finished out their jobs. Now the landscapers can finish the decking/patio and then my fence guy can close out the fence. 2 weeks is the time frame they gave me.
I’ll have to check out your pool. After all my reading, fiberglass just seemed like the way to go.
That’s an awesome time frame!

You can check out my build here:
Thread 'New Build Fiberglass Pool in MEMPHIS, TN'
New Build Fiberglass Pool in MEMPHIS, TN

Nice looking pool. Unfortunately due to the delays, it looks like algae has set in. :cry: You might want to start reviewing the SLAM Process page now so that you can start it as soon as the system is up & running. Do you already have a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit? Be sure to update your signature with the test kit and all your pool and equipment details.
Hey Texas, thank you. I don’t have a test kit, just the strips. That’s what the pool store in town recommended. I read through your link, that was great. Very thorough. I got rid of the algae and have all my equipment running. I’ve been just dumping liquid chlorine in to keep it up through construction. The pool installer said not to do the salt system until construction is done.

Gotcha. :goodjob: While waiting, you might want to order one of those test kits. Test strips are horrible with poor reliability and test level "ranges" that are much to wide. Free local testing isn't much better. You'll find reassurance by testing your own water at home. Accuracy and less money wasted overall. We see it here everyday. Good luck on the project!

That’s what the pool store in town recommended
Of course they did!

Beauty of this forum is pool store recommendations, as well as strips are usually ignored. A good test kit and results will always gather a lot of responses to any question here. The only real way to know what's going on with your water is from one of the test kits. Strip results are just guesses at best. Guess a lot of people out there use them, but they probably don't have a TFP!

Really like the updates on another FG pool! Looking good so far!

Well hey guys, hadn't posted in a while so thought I'd get a few pictures up after the landscapers finished up inside the pool. Still a lot of work to do to repair the yard outside. Pool equipment is all working great. I can now start the salt process since the construction has finished. We've been swimming for the last few weeks, it's incredible. The night swimming with the lights is a whole different atmosphere. So glad we did this.

image5 - Copy (2).jpegimage3 - Copy (2).jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.