New Fiberglass Pool Build - Southeastern PA

Thank you both, @Wolfepack88 and @gingrbredman.

Concrete deck being poured tomorrow. Hopefully after that is done I can start putting everything back together. A little disappointed because I wanted a seamless stamped deck in a whitish gray but the concrete guy said he can't do that. So my only gray option was very similar to the wall. Hopefully it will all tie in ok. I'm banking on decorative stone (1-3" River Rock) to break up some of the grays.

Pics to follow.

Just waiting for the truck to get here. 😁

View attachment 398697
Can't wait to see how this looks. Now just have a nice can of wasp killer ready, those little bastages find any nook and cranny in walls to get into. I hate those things with a passion. Or get the boric acid/apple juice mix that they drink and kills them all. By is the water relief pipe on the right side that you can use to remove any water that builds up around and under the pool??

Can't wait to see how this looks. Now just have a nice can of wasp killer ready, those little bastages find any nook and cranny in walls to get into. I hate those things with a passion. Or get the boric acid/apple juice mix that they drink and kills them all. By is the water relief pipe on the right side that you can use to remove any water that builds up around and under the pool??
Oh man didn’t even think about wasps. I’m core filling each of those blocks with stone so hopefully there isn’t enough room to nest. I’m sure those buggers will find a way though. Yep, that’s where I can drop a pump to pull out any water under the pool.

Here is the latest update.
6C2D40B2-554A-42F7-8FBE-9BAC75B07DEB.jpeg

Stamping complete, forms removed and just waiting for it to cure. They need to come back in a few days to seal it. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

That looks great, now may the god's of concrete allow any crack to hit the control joints!! Water line tile looks great, the wall adds a great optic. Really really nice job!!

Reactions: TFPNoobie

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That looks great, now may the god's of concrete allow any crack to hit the control joints!! Water line tile looks great, the wall adds a great optic. Really really nice job!!
Is it a good sign if I already have a decent crack, that is IN one of the control joints? Not sure whether that's a good sign or a bad sign as it's only been a couple days since they poured.

Is it a good sign if I already have a decent crack, that is IN one of the control joints? Not sure whether that's a good sign or a bad sign as it's only been a couple days since they poured.
I got lucky on my driveway, every crack was perfectly in the control joints. 7 years later, knock on wood, no crack anywhere else. Not sure that early, but that's what the joint is for so I am hopeful for you. Somebody on here will certainly comment on that.

Last edited:
I'd say probably neither good or bad, just it is what it is. At least it's in the control joint, that's what they're designed to do. I had a concrete patio poured a few years ago, almost instantly had cracks in the control joints. So far, no other cracks.

Hey, love the build! Any more pictures?

I am in Doylestown, PA and I am curious what company you used. Sorry, I can't figure out how to send a direct message here.
We used Heritage Pools. Although there were some issues and concerns during the installation process everything was addressed and we’re really happy with how everything turned out.

Attachments

• 218E82C3-D55A-4849-B25F-BF00C2867D1B.png
    218E82C3-D55A-4849-B25F-BF00C2867D1B.png
    621.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 46FC612E-A722-41C3-8F34-DF48EA129CC4.png
    46FC612E-A722-41C3-8F34-DF48EA129CC4.png
    627 KB · Views: 33
  • D3CE6925-A10E-4E1B-BC5C-519D2BB9F511.png
    D3CE6925-A10E-4E1B-BC5C-519D2BB9F511.png
    643.5 KB · Views: 30
  • AC97E464-C40E-4534-80BB-52DC754F5BBA.jpeg
    AC97E464-C40E-4534-80BB-52DC754F5BBA.jpeg
    445.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 07A85BE0-594D-4102-8C2A-5F9969D2BA72.png
    07A85BE0-594D-4102-8C2A-5F9969D2BA72.png
    586.1 KB · Views: 33
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.