New DIY Pool in Phoenix

Getting close to plaster, final inspection scheduled for Tuesday. Have a question. What is a good sealer to use for flagstone. We just have a small section off the waterfall pictured below that has flagstone. Will be using an SWG. Also heard that it is best to seal it when it is cooler?

20140831_145911_zps1baf08d5.jpg

We also wanted to have a volleyball net, but we had a problem as we have a slide, rock, and pedestal on one side. So we made these niches at shotcrete:
20140716_102413_zpsc0d012fa.jpg

Had plaster put in 1 1/2" female adapters on both sides of the pool:
20140903_140622_zps0084fd1d.jpg

And for $12 worth of PVC pipes, we now have an in pool volleyball set!
20140903_142146_zpsee95d4be.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And we finally have water filling the pool!!! Just in time for the pool party this weekend. Having some out-of-town guests this weekend. Was afraid that it was going to be a watch-the-pool fill up party but plaster company came thru at the last minute.
20140904_074908_zpsfbbe8218.jpg

Nice, you might get some assistance from mother nature in filling it with all the rain we are supposed to get soon. One hose filling 32k gallons is going to take quite a while. I used 2 filling up our 10k pool and it took about 16 hours. I did the bucket test to see how long it would take for a hose to fill a 5 gallon bucket to roughly calculate how long it would take.

Nice, you might get some assistance from mother nature in filling it with all the rain we are supposed to get soon. One hose filling 32k gallons is going to take quite a while. I used 2 filling up our 10k pool and it took about 14 hours. I did the bucket test to see how long it would take for a hose to fill a 5 gallon bucket to roughly calculate how long it would take.

We actually have 5 hoses going right now. We would really have a watch-the-pool-filling party Sat. if we just had one hose. :))
Will post pics of the rest of the pool soon.
1409872725_zps3869ab32.jpg

Well Vudoo - the end is getting near. This has been such a great thread to follow and your sense of humor made me laugh when there were times I needed it. I hope your pool party goes well and I know everyone is going to ooh and aah over your pool. Nice view of the mountains too! -Karen

The pic was while I was working in Surprise. I live in Litchfield Park just West of Luke AFB. My house got less rain, but still helped fill the pool a little bit. Pool almost full now. Took five hoses to fill 32,000 gallons in about 24 hours with a little help from Mother Nature.

your acid wash on the pebble looks a bit uneven. I'm seeing some streaks where there's more blue. I've got some splotch in my pool too. Maybe it's just difficult to avoid patches of darker pebbles in close proximity?

I also noticed that my pool was much bluer on first fill up. But then after brushing and time, some of the blue plaster probably washed away leaving more or the rock, so the pool is not a blue anymore.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.