New color lights: Pentair Intellibrite vs J&J XG vs. Florida Sunseeker?

May 12, 2015
Dallas, Texas
I need to replace 3 lights in my pool so this is a big investment.

I've seen all 3 discussed in these forums.

Pentair seems most popular, but least reliable. The florida Sunseeker product is generic but seems to work well.

Can someone help me decide?

If Pentair or Hayward goes out of business you are in the same spot... The way I look at these things:

No warranty, if they say it has one they will find a way to get out of it... For Pentair it is only 90 days, so they are saying they stand behind there product for 90 days... that's it.... sunseeker has a 2 year warranty, they are saying they have confidence there product will last 2 years, not 90 days...

So it comes down to big business and high prices or a small business with a better product... I pick the better product every day of the week, the low cost is a bonus :)

You have to make the choice, how did the last Pentair light treat you? I have and love there pumps and filters but you could not give me one of there lights...

Thanks, that's helpful. My previous lights were hayward incandescent and I think they were fine. They are 15 years old and since I'm remodelling I think it's worth going brand new and not try to retrofit such old hardware.

I've ruled out Pentair because of the reliability and poor warranty.

It's now J&J vs Florida Sunseeker. Should I be concerned whether they fit in my Hayward niche?

Yep, the old style lights just lasted but the new LED are not happy with any kind of water intrusion... The sunseeker fits directly into the Hayward niche so with a brand new niche should last another 15 years :) I am actually going with the 1.5 inch for mine but I don't even have inground pool plans yet... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.