New build - Sheer waterfall crooked

nicheel

Silver Supporter
Aug 14, 2018
Litchfield Park, AZ
When the deck team installed the water feature it had a protective cover on it. After they removed the cover I realized they installed it crooked. Its sticking out about 1/2 inch on the left side? The PM has already taken pictures and is going to find out what can be done. Is this a big issue or no big deal when we turn on the waterfall?

sheer waterfall.jpg

It should stick out about 3/8 to 1/2 inch evenly across the face of the tile. In its present state, it will probably dribble down on the right side and leave calcium build up - especially at lower flow rates.

Even if they have to remove some of the deck, now is the time to correct this - preferably before plaster. I don't think "trimming" the leading edge to be even with the tile will provide a quality solution (more so from a long term maintenance perspective).

BTW - if you haven't ordered your test kit yet, now would be a good time to order a TF100 and a Speedstir.

It should stick out about 3/8 to 1/2 inch evenly across the face of the tile. In its present state, it will probably dribble down on the right side and leave calcium build up - especially at lower flow rates.

Even if they have to remove some of the deck, now is the time to correct this - preferably before plaster. I don't think "trimming" the leading edge to be even with the tile will provide a quality solution (more so from a long term maintenance perspective).

BTW - if you haven't ordered your test kit yet, now would be a good time to order a TF100 and a Speedstir.

Thanks for the info. I will contact the builder. Ordered the startup kit last month.

Definitely not good and pure sloppiness on the builder's part. They will probably start by trimming the excess back to be even. Those are designed to be cut. If this is what he does, I would want to see water flow from it before you sign off that it is ok. See if they will hook up some water somewhere for this. It might run evenly, it might not. And it also has vertical supports in it to even the flow out. If they cut it back beyond those supports it will not run evenly.

I would print out the instruction sheet for that model of sheer waterfall and make sure trimming it back is acceptable. My guess is, it needs to stick out 1/2" or so like stated above. If you don't like something on the pool before its done, just imagine how it will make you feel for the next 20 years if it's not right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.