New Build Quote Review - Gilbert / Phoenix, AZ

pre5ton

Oct 30, 2020
Gilbert, AZ USA
Hello TFP,

I'm glad I found this forum before we signed on the dotted line. My family is ready to add a pool to our backyard and have met with several pool companies to get estimates. We have a pretty good idea of what we want, but definitely would appreciate a review from some more experienced eyes on this forum. In particular, what to make sure is included in regards to the build that aren't the big ticket items (pump, filter, etc.) such as plumbed a certain way, certain size plumbing, etc. Attached are draft pictures of the pool and the detailed quote that is in the lead right now to win our business. The only known change to the quote is remove the ozone system and try to get a credit against something else.

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    598.8 KB · Views: 96
  • quote1.PNG
    quote1.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 96
  • quote2.PNG
    quote2.PNG
    37.7 KB · Views: 90
  • quote3.PNG
    quote3.PNG
    37 KB · Views: 89
  • quote4.PNG
    quote4.PNG
    34 KB · Views: 87
Yay! Another Gilbert pool build 😀. Ours is being dug on the second of Dec. You should cross out the pool builder name. We aren’t supposed to use them here. Our next door neighbor has a pool done by them. I see it says your mesh fence doesn’t meet code but from what people in our neighborhood have said you don’t need anything in Gilbert except for a self closing gate since we have the block fence. We’re getting a pool fence though because I don’t want to worry about any kids falling in since they actually play in the backyard. People in the neighborhood also said the city didn’t come inside to check any doors or windows for inspection either.

I see your in floor is free but you might want to rethink it. We had one before and I loved the look since there wasn’t anything in the pool. But it isn’t really cleaning the pool or walls. It mainly just moves the dirt around. We thought about getting one again for this pool but after reading about the robots, decided on one of them since they go up the sides of the pool and brush the whole thing. I guess they save on electricity too.

Pre5ton, we're happy to have you join TFP and let us look over your proposed contract.

Definitely lose the Ozone gizmo... it will do NOTHING for you. I see no mention of sanitation with chlorine (wihch you would still need even WITH ozone). Did I miss something? I'd recommend a Salt Water Chlorinator.

If you're interested in trimming the budget, one place would be the in floor cleaning system. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Either way a simple $700-$1,000 robot WILL work better, with the added trick of brushing your walls too!

Others with more plumbing know how will chime in I'm sure :)

Maddie :flower:

Being in Arizona, I think IFCS are more common than other parts of the country, so for resale, I am not sure I wouldn't have it installed, even if I didn't use it. Looks like Pre5ton is getting the base IFCS system for free, based on the discount schedule they have shown (although, nothing is really free, we all know that). If you do go with the IFCS, make sure the PB has allowed for plumbing it so that it can be isolated in the event that you do not want to use it, or it quits functioning properly.

You want to make sure that everything has a homerun back to the equipment pad. Each skimmer, return jet, main drain, etc.

No on the ozone, as it sounds like you have already figured that out.

So far, I have really enjoyed having my IFCS. I will say that I am considering adding a robot, just for the brushing aspect though.

--Jeff

Thanks for the feedback. I was leaning towards a robot, but like Jeff said, it's commonplace to have an IFCS here. It has also been hard to find people who say that it doesn't work well in the Phoenix climate.

Anything else specific to plumbing or cleaning that I should aim for? Trying to ensure all my bases are covered for optimal cleaning and maintenance before we sign.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.