New Build, Los Angeles, CA

I’m glad to hear that there were competing priorities. Although there are deficiencies, some key positives for your site.

But the best part is it’s all NEW!

A few punchlist items left for the patio, but the pool is pretty much complete. This was the first weekend with all the accoutrements (finished patio, grass, Sonos zone w/ outdoor rock speakers, floats, etc) and we’re absolutely loving it. With the end of the process nearing, I’m really happy with my pool builder. And it goes without saying our resident rockstar Brian hit it out of the park with the Aquabright.

CA8DE941-09D6-4D2E-878E-795FE55F0F9D.jpgAA6D2AD9-FE97-4840-A293-D3309D5B5493.jpg

Dig, plumbing and first inspection complete. Shotcrete on Monday or Tuesday. Tile and concrete colors selected but still racking my brain (and wallet) over the decision between AquaBright vs. SCP MiniPebble/MicroFusion.

View attachment 70298
View attachment 70299

The SWG isn't in here. They said they'd place it when they hooked up the electrical, which I thought was interesting, but I supposed I don't know any better.
View attachment 70300

I was too late in my reading that the Raypacks are quieter than the MasterTemp... Hopefully it won't be too loud, and I do plan to partition it off a bit.

Anyone know the difference between Pentair's Screenlogic vs. Screenlogic2? Looks like I have the original one in my gear and need to figure out whether to ask for version 2.
I think I've seen enough DWV fittings! Just my 2 cents...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi NickinLA
I am in the San Fernando Valley also, and have just signed a contract, and am in the waiting for DWP stage. I am curious about which builder you used, and how happy you were with the process. Also, about what your final decisions were on equipment/sanitzation etc
Thanks so much

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.