New Build - Lake Conroe, TX - Structural Engineering

hosseisemi

Oct 20, 2020
Montgomery, TX
Just signed a contract for a 15 x 26 ft pool on Lake Conroe, TX. We have a 9 ft retaining wall that is engineered and poured. This holds back our back yard and levels things out to the house. Foundation for the wall is 15 ft from the bulkhead on the lake. Pool will be 2 ft away from wall at closest point and 5 ft at furthest point. PB is putting in 4 piers - 1 in each corner. Looking for feedback as to if I should have a Geotechnical Engineer do a soil analysis and a Structural Engineer design review the build plans. Any examples of like setups would be appreciated.

Just signed a contract for a 15 x 26 ft pool on Lake Conroe, TX. We have a 9 ft retaining wall that is engineered and poured. This holds back our back yard and levels things out to the house. Foundation for the wall is 15 ft from the bulkhead on the lake. Pool will be 2 ft away from wall at closest point and 5 ft at furthest point. PB is putting in 4 piers - 1 in each corner. Looking for feedback as to if I should have a Geotechnical Engineer do a soil analysis and a Structural Engineer design review the build plans. Any examples of like setups would be appreciated.
What type of piers? I would halt the contract or cancel it and have an engineering firm design the pool structure and then go to a pool company with that. My pool company installed helical steel piers and the engineer I contracted to review my site said the way the pool company was tying them into the pool rebar was not how it should be done. But depends on the pool company of course. Anyway there are a ton of considerations and I wish you the best. Will be an interesting build to follow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.